Sunday, October 7, 2012

Building a Reader at Home

One of my biggest passions is reading! I was that child that could get lost in a good book for hours! I hope that I can pass that love along to my students.  I know as a parent it can be difficult knowing how to cultivate that passion for reading in your child, especially if they are reluctant in this area.  I was so excited when I came across this great tip sheet for parents from Primary Junction. I also strongly believe in the power of choice! Go to the library with your child and allow them to pick books on high interest topics or let them pick out a few books from the scholastic book order and have a reading party when they arrive.  Your attitude towards reading will greatly effect their interest level!



No comments:

Post a Comment